We all get into the so-called ‘slump’ around the Holidays. It seems to set in around Samhain and continue on through the New Year. We’re busy planning Family and Friend Get togethers for Samhain, Thanksgiving, Yule, Christmas and New Year. Planning Rituals, Cooking Meals, Shopping all on top of the daily grind of work or school and family. Our Spiritual practice sometimes slips away from us or we’re not engaging in it as much as we did for the Holiday Season. I know this happens to me! And by the time Christmas is over, I am craving a much needed deep cleansing and Reboot.
How do we Reboot our Spiritual Practice? It’s really much simpler than you might think! Here are my steps to rebooting my own Spiritual Practice.
1. Clear out the Clutter. Of your. Entire. House. Make this a fresh beginning, a clean slate, literally. I usually start the day after Christmas-the kids have already gone through their belongings and purged what they no longer want/need. I started going through all the drawers and closets and tossing every useless, needless thing we’ve managed to accumulate. You would be surprised how much useless things & clutter in your home bring down the energetic vibration. Shoving it in a closet out of sight doesn’t help. Get rid of it. By purging these things you are sending a message to the divine universe that you are making way for things that do serve you, and that you have no room for the things that do not.
2. After you’ve cleared the Clutter, give everything a good cleaning, open the windows & blinds for even just a few mins for a burst of fresh air, Getting rid of dirt and dust and letting fresh air in cleanses not only the physical home but the energy of the home. Put some lemon and lavender oil in your mop water for some cleansing energy
3. Refresh your Altar! Currently my Altar is still dressed for Yule, I always change up my Altar with the seasons, moon cycles and Sabbats. Yule décor now feels very over to me so it’s time to redecorate. Clear the altar of everything. Wipe it down, and smudge it, with intention of clearing out the old and making way for the new. Choose a new altar cloth and seasonal décor-during this period I like to use icy blues and whites, bare branches & some evergreens
4. Give yourself a cleanse. I like to start with a cleansing bath with a smudge bomb and sage soap. Immerse yourself in the water and let the sage clear away all the things that do not serve you. After your bath/shower you can also smudge yourself with a sage stick if you’d like Release all the things that don’t serve you, any and all negativity affecting you
5. Set Your intention to renew your spiritual practice. Sit at your altar, light your candles and incense. Meditate and contemplate on what you would like to achieve spiritually this year. Perhaps you want to make a point to do daily affirmations, incorporate yoga in your spiritual practice, meditate, develop your psychic abilities, work on your spellwork, herbal lore, crystal healing – whatever it is you decide on, journal about it and how you intend to stay on State your intention aloud: “I let go of all the things that do not serve me. I am reengaging with my spiritual self by (insert intention here EX: doing daily affirmations), So it is”.
6. Some ideas on how to incorporate more spiritualism into your life this new year:
“I am Worthy of Abundance”
“I am one with the Divine which emanates all love, I am a magnet for the things I desire, I am peacefully whole”
“I am a Witch, I am one with the Earth, the Universe, the Divine”
“I am worthy of Health, Wealth and Love”
7. Magickal Aromatherapy! This is my favorite way of incorporating magick and spirituality into my life. Essential Oils all vibrate at different frequencies and are capable of attracting similar frequencies to us when we anoint with them. We create a variety of Magickal Perfumes made with essential oils for just this purpose!
Have a Magickal Journey this New Year, Wild Ones.
Comments will be approved before showing up.